2017 Youth Leadership Program
A Program for High School Freshman
Midland County Youth Leadership is a two-day conference for Midland County ninth-graders that provides opportunities to learn about leadership, team building, volunteerism, team decision-making and goal setting through hands-on activities.
- Program Dates: 3/10/17 and 3/11/17
- Application Due Date: 12/16/16
- Interview Dates: 1/9/17 and 1/10/17
- If you have any questions, please call Teresa George at 989.837.4227 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for the Midland County Youth Leadership Program, please complete the application here.
- Facebook: Midland County Youth Leadership
- Twitter: @midlandcyl
- Instagram: Midland_C_Y_L
How to Get Involved
Any ninth-grade student in Midland County is eligible to apply, including students who attend private, public, parochial, charter schools or are home schooled. Forty-five individuals are selected to participate in the program. Selection is based on an application, two letters of recommendation and a brief interview (held on January 9 and 10, 2017). Application materials will be available online and are due by December 16, 2016. Applications should be turned in no later than 4:00 p.m. at high school offices. When the application is submitted, applicants will be required to sign up for an interview time and date.
The program is funded in part by the Leadership Midland Alumni Association, as well as area service clubs and community organizations. Area businesses are also sponsoring students’ participation in this year’s program, and in-kind contributions of time, supplies and facilities help keep the program affordable for youth. Speakers and presenters all donate their time and talent.